Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thoughts on...Cheap Art

I wanted to try it to create some interesting artwork. I've seen different types of art using words, especially neighborhood and city names, like this one.
This poster is available from Ork Posters! for $22. Pretty reasonable but I'm frugal and crafty. I wanted something similar for free (relatively free), repping my home town of Chicago. Therefore, I challenged myself using wordle.  Wordle is website for generating "word clouds" from text that you provide. Using the computer, printer and photo paper, I created this:


This is simply an 8" by 11"sheet of photo paper backed with zebra printed scrapbook paper.  It's just a list of  Chicago neighborhood names, cut and pasted in the wordle website. I plan on framing this and displaying it in my classroom, maybe even have it enlarged at a photo shop. Pretty cool knockoff art, don't you agree?

K

No comments:

Post a Comment